Learn how to become an influencer and how to make money on YouTube & Instagram on the new MagicLinks YouTube channel!
“How do I grow my YouTube channel?” is one of the questions we get asked the most at MagicLinks. Read on for our best tips!
1. Post Consistently
Just starting your channel? Wait until you have at least 5 videos filmed & ready to upload. Why? If viewers like what they see from you, they’re going to want to watch more of your content, right away. Having a backlog of videos ready to go will help hook new subscribers.
The fastest-growing channels upload at least 3 videos per week, so that you’re triggering the YouTube algorithm, which favors channels that upload more frequently.
2. Post At the Right Times of Day
Studies show that the ideal times of day + days of the week to upload videos are:
- From 2pm-4pm Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays
- From 12pm-3pm on Thursdays and Fridays
3. Create Compelling, Clickworthy Titles
Love ‘em or hate ‘em, clickbait titles work. Adding words like “Best”, “Easy”, “Secret”, “Hack” etc entice viewers, and help feed into popularly searched-for YouTube SEO terms.
4. Cover Photos & Thumbnails Matter
Creating custom cover photos & thumbnails for each video you post is crucial: After all, a picture is worth 1,000 words! Use graphics, emojis, and photo editing software to make your thumbnails pop, and keep them in line with the general color palette & aesthetic of your channel.
5. Invest In Quality Equipment
A good microphone, good lighting, and a steady camera go a long way towards making ANY kind of content more compelling and watchable. Smartphone videos can be good quality, but aren’t the best for the majority of your YouTube videos. Don’t have the budget for a full backdrop? Tape a clean, wrinkle-free bedsheet on the wall.
6. Edit With Care
Learn to edit. We mean it. There’s nothing worse & more off-putting to a YouTube viewer than a poorly edited, choppy video, even if the content itself is top notch.
7. Publish Longer Videos
Videos with 10+ minute run-times rank higher in the YouTube algorithm, so make sure you’re producing quality, long-form content.
8. Add a Watermarked Subscribe Now Button to Each Video
Append a “subscribe now” button watermark to put in the bottom right-hand corner of each video, that links back to your “subscribe now” link on your channel. It lets viewers subscribe without leaving the video, and can generate up to 70% more subscribers than having just a “subscribe now” CTA in the video description.
9. Respond to as MANY Comments as Possible
Most YouTubers don’t respond to comments. Translation? You’ll stand out when you do. Taking the time to interact with loyal subscribers will, in the long run, reap you rewards.
10. Make Your Channel Description Pop
- “I love makeup and showing people how to put it on.”
- “I’m a 24 year old freelance makeup artist, based in the Los Angeles area, and I’m passionate about bringing out the best in beauty in everyone. I love finding drugstore dupes for expensive products, trying out crazy beauty hacks, and, of course, a good matcha latte. Join me, and let’s conquer the makeup world together! New uploads every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 3pm PST, so hit that subscribe button so you never miss a video!”
Which channel description is more compelling? No brainer, right?
Your channel description should give potential subscribers a rundown on what your channel is about, who you are, and when you upload, plus a CTA (Call To Action) to subscribe.